The RPC is the advisory body to the Dean of the School of Medicine about policies, activities, and long-term objectives pertaining to research in the School of Medicine.
Members are appointed by the Dean to a 3-year term, with the recommendations of the Committee on Faculty Affairs.
Activities of the RPC include:
- Review of nominations for awards and fellowships
- Reviews of Research Centers and Cores
- Review of major equipment requisitions
- Administration of Internal Study Section
- Administration of Presidential Research Fund